What an expansive and life-giving question to start the new year!
It came from the delightful and brilliantly insightful Dr Ernesto Sirolli*.
What do you love to do, that brings you alive and makes you shine from the inside?
It may be buried away, unused in a compartment of your life that you rarely let out to play.
Yet, it is not your gift. It is not for you alone.
In this emerging world, we need all the beautiful gifts because none can shine independently.
We light up each other and collectively create magic – things beyond our imaginings.
So if you are feeling rusty or your inner eyes are a bit dim: invite someone to ask you about your dreams and your beautiful gift.
And listen to where you come alive.
Then return the gift.
* Some good friends recently introduced me to Ernesto’s TED talks. ‘Want to help someone? Shut up and listen!’ from 2014 is an excellent place to start. Enjoy.
We have used John O’Donohue’s powerful blessing At the end of the year to prepare for the close of 2021.
- Monday: Receiving the gift of endings
- Tuesday: Being open to the surprise of remembering
- Wednesday: Finding the courage to name the dark shadows
- Thursday: Naming the beautiful multitudes
- Friday: Fruitful harvest of the year