I am a work in progress.
So is my best friend and the people I most admire.
Even the people who irritate me or make me cross. They are a work in progress too.
Here’s the thing, I often don’t even recognise this in myself, let alone have any idea what’s going on inside another person.
What would happen if we cultivated the habit of looking with more graceful eyes?
If you don’t read anything else of mine this week, please do feast on the amazing poems I shared on Monday and Wednesday – from Chris Matthews (Change) and Gideon Heugh (You) respectively. Their different lenses help give us a more graceful perspective on becoming the change we want to see. And being more patient with ourselves and others as works in progress!
- Monday: There are moments when change arrives
- Tuesday: Seeing what we expect to see
- Wednesday: Celebrating the ‘youness’ of you
- Thursday: What is our essence?
- Friday: Where are our boundaries?