Because it’s time to change the conversation, for good.
Have you noticed? We’re shifting from one era to the next.
From the modern, industrial age where there were linear and predictable answers, to a complex, interconnected and volatile world. Where what we do affects who others become and impacts our whole environment, without us fully realising it.
We need different voices. People with fresh things to say who don’t need to shout.
Not just super-heroes with confident gestures. Nor the loud, always-on culture, with quick answers that offer attractive sticking plasters, yet fail to see what comes next or why we are doing it anyway.
But the thoughtful and creative change-makers who look from the edge and craft their responses, who want to make a difference, differently. Not just for today.
Because more of the same won’t do.
So now is our time to shift the conversation by becoming the change we want to see. Owning our voice, finding the others and having the courage to speak softly about things that matter.
Because only people make change. And change emerges with those who have the courage to be different:
- who think before they speak;
- who ask questions we’d sometimes rather not face;
- who create solutions we hadn’t expected;
- who see more from the edge, than the centre, and make connections that surprise us;
- who are driven to make a difference, but want to do it differently, with grace;
- who get their energy from calm reflection, beautiful ideas, and taking the long view;
- who exercise kindness, generosity and stubborn courage in pursuing a different way of looking, being and doing that can turn our world upside down – for the better.
It’s time for the new change-makers. The quiet disruptors with the courage to speak softly about things that matter.
This is the final version of the manifesto that is a core part of the opening of my book Quiet Disruptors: Creating Change Without Shouting.
Thanks to all of you who have contributed and cheered me on to get this book out into the world. I am proud of it and grateful to you.
It is now available on Amazon as either paperback or Kindle. Here is the UK Amazon link, though because it is print on demand, if you want the hard copy, it is better to obtain it locally.
I would love to know what you think and if you consider it worthy, then leaving a review and sharing it would be great.
Thanks for being on the journey to becoming the change you want to see
PS Translations of the manifesto into German, Portuguese, Korean and Welsh will be available on the Quiet Disruptors website shortly.
Has been a little surreal – getting a self-published book over the line has been a steep learning curve, while at the same time delighting in small doses of quietly disruptive wisdom each day.
- Monday: Look around – we are not alone
- Tuesday: Our work is never singular
- Wednesday: Breathing in and breathing out
- Thursday: Keep on sowing seeds
- Friday: Abundance