Quiet Disruptors – it’s time for the new changemakers
Have you noticed? We’re shifting from one era to the next.
From the modern, industrial age where there were linear and predictable answers, to a complex, interconnected and volatile world. Where what we do affects who others become and impacts our whole environment, without us realising it.
We need different voices. People with fresh things to say who don’t need to shout.
Not just super-heroes with confident gestures. Nor the loud, always-on culture, with quick answers that offer attractive sticking plasters, yet fail to see what comes next or why we are doing it anyway.
But the thoughtful changemakers who look from the edge and craft their responses. Who want to make a difference, differently. Not just for today.
Because more of the same won’t do.
So now is your time to shift the conversation by becoming the change you want to see. Owning your voice, finding the others and having the courage to speak softly about things that matter.
Because only people make change. And change emerges with those who have the courage to be different:
- who think before they speak;
- who ask questions we’d sometimes rather not face;
- who create solutions we hadn’t expected;
- who see more from the edge, than the centre, and make connections that surprise us;
- who are driven to make a difference, but want to do it differently, with grace;
- who get their energy from calm reflection, beautiful ideas, and taking the long view;
- who exercise kindness, generosity and stubborn courage in pursuing a different way of looking, being and doing that can turn our world upside down – for the better.
It’s time for the new changemakers. The quiet disruptors with the courage to speak softly about things that matter.
This is a manifesto about hope…
- Hope that things can be significantly different – if we have the courage to find our own voice and own a different way of being.
- Hope that there are people out there, currently unheard and unseen, who have a unique contribution to make to the ongoing creation of the world. Our world.
- Hope that people can make good change, that benefits us all in our businesses, organisations and communities. If we give them the space they need, both now and future generations.
If this resonates with you then please share it. If you have suggestions for improvement then please let me know. And if you can translate it into another language, then please do and let me have a copy (I have a Welsh edition of an earlier version that we used at the CODA Festival in 2018).