I’m not sure we can truly come to a place of rest if we don’t love ourselves.
Yes, it’s a journey. And no, this isn’t about a propensity to make excuses.
Loving ourselves isn’t about putting ourselves first, ranking our worthiness, or excusing our failures.
Instead, it’s the place of honesty, reality and grace. Where we accept who we are, where we are and are open to becoming ourselves more fully.
TO COME HOME TO YOURSELF
May all that is unforgiven in you,
May your fears yield
Their deepest tranquilities.
May all that is unlived in you,+ John O’Donohue, from Benedictus: A Book of Blessings, Bantam Press, 2007
Blossom into a future,
Graced with love.
Let’s walk together.
Exploring wonder and love through seeing differently.
- Monday: On the awesome wonder of it all
- Tuesday: Looking up to see differently
- Wednesday: Seeing our place through fresh eyes
- Thursday: Surprisingly, a most wondrous sight
- Friday: Speaking to ourselves in love